If you want silkie eggs you cant go past napalongtails...she rocks!

thats most awesome! Im hoping for another 4 or 5 silkies to develop in the 8 new eggs...cross your fingers guys! I will candle at about day 7 or so and see what we have. Of the older eggs I disposed of the eggs which were clear at day 14 as I was worried about the exploding egg!

Brooster, I keep a nice assortment I think. Many years ago I went to our state fair in California and was so absolutely disappointed that I decided I'd make my own show in my back yard. We currently have Phoenix , Giant cochins, D'uccles in mille and porcelain, silkies ( lotsa color) , bantam sumatras, Bantam dark cornish, serama, and I am in the process of raising bantam salmon Faverolles, bantam dominiques, and Black tailed buff Japanese. I pretty much stick to the phoenix end of things here. The Dh likes his pair of Giants, I have 4 boys so they have most of the bantams that they raise for showing at the fairs. My serama the 3 of them are permanent house chickens that have a play yard outside and they love to hang with us and watch TV. Other poultry you bet! Each year we put about 60 ducks in the freezer, A few turkeys, and pheasants and guineas. We have silver pheasants, red goldens, and yellow goldens, a quad of ringnecks from our original McM order a few years back that we raise about 30 for the freezer each year from. I keep a tom turkey and have a friend who loans me a hen each year to get some hatching eggs from, and the Quack pack consists of 2 Cacky hens from another board member and a new cacky drake from another neighbor. I hadothers but when we put the girls on the summer pond a Darn eagle picked them and my friends goslings right off the water. Hope I answered some of your questions. Oh yea and I have 3 stud horses, 2 geldings a pony, a milk goat, and huge garden. GTG duties call...

Back
Top Bottom