If you wear GLASSES and live in a cold climate ...did you know....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by 2468Chickensrgr8, Feb 1, 2009.

1. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    that if you walk backwards into the house your glasses will not fog up?
    I personally havnt tried this but yesterday we had a house full of people and we were getting the ones that wore glasses to walk backwards into the house and most of them had no fogging on the lenses or just a little.....even the people that dont wear glasses were trying it with someone elses glasses...okay go try it and tell me if it worked for you???

2. chicken_angler

chicken_angler Coop Constructist

Jun 23, 2008
    a house
    I wear glasses and Im in Ohio. I tried this about a week ago and it works if you go slowly!

Cody!!

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I'll have to try that.

4. patandchickens

patandchickens Flock Mistress

Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    I almost *always* walk backwards into the chicken coop, because of having things in my hands and pushing the door open with my back, and my glasses have never failed to fog up. So even apart from the physics end of things, I am going to say 'no, it does not work' [​IMG]

(It is really annoying to have to do all my chicken chores with my glasses off. Things like filling a feeder are not a problem, but telling whehter that blurry thing off in the corner is a floor egg or a feather, or whethre I remembered to re-latch the pen door... [​IMG])

You can get anti-fog stuff for your glasses tho. I used to use stuff originally purchased for snorkeling (facemask) til it ran out. Nowadays I think they market some specifically for glasses (you can get it for your car windshield too) but just never think of looking for it [​IMG]

JME

Pat

5. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Huh! I have reading glasses and sometimes forget to take them off when I go do the chickens.

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    I will try this out and report back...

7. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    if you put contacts on they dont fog up either.
    I wont wear my glasses this time of the year for that reason> I have to be deathly ill to be caught wearing my glasses out of the house.

Plus I really cant imagine walking backwards into every building I enter.
    I would have the entire office laughing at me, especially after i fall on my butt

8. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Rhett&SarahsMom :

if you put contacts on they dont fog up either.
    I wont wear my glasses this time of the year for that reason> I have to be deathly ill to be caught wearing my glasses out of the house.

Plus I really cant imagine walking backwards into every building I enter.
    I would have the entire office laughing at me, especially after i fall on my butt

Ha Ha ha !!! thats what we were all laughing at....people would be staring at you !!!.....wondering whats going on​

9. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Hmmm.... tough decision....
    Fogged glasses or 10 hours in ER.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by