1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If you were a car....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Royd, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Royd

Royd Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    And your parents named you Smart, would it be a requirement that you also be born ugly and slow?

Twice, in the last two days, I have seen these green minded cars, causing a line of traffic 1/2 mile long, because they either can't get off the line, at a stop light, or they are driving by the MPG gauge instead of the speedometer and the speed limit.

I was about 1`/2 mile down the road, looked in my rearview mirror and I see a line of cars being blocked by these slowpokes.

So, tell me, those in the know, is it the car or the driver?

2. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    I had my green machine when I was 6, a bright red fire truck that was powered by pedels and a chain. Now I drive a pick-up with a big V-8 and chuckle at all the guina pigs in the experimental P'sOS that can't find a place to plug in.

3. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm not too sure about city driving. Here in the sticks, I've seen a few pass me, On straight a ways.. I drive slow when there's bad roads.. Witch is usually Oct, through April

4. MeatKing

MeatKing Chillin' With My Peeps

When I say driving slow, I mean 120 km/hr on a 4 lane highway.. Speed limit here is 100km/hr
    As a general rural, you will get pulled over, when going over the 120km/hr
    119km/hr, is a good safe speed.
    So people passing are going way faster! That includes the smart cars, not too sure how long it takes to get up to speed on those

And Frankly, I would never want to drive such a light car, that fast... Scary!!! at least to me!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  5. Royd

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Quote:It's not just Smart cars...I think all cars, these days, come with an MPG readout, and some people try to get maximum fuel effeciency, totally disregarding and disrespecting all other drivers around them....They think they are doing the world a huge favor, by creating slow moving traffic jams.

6. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    That's why the cars behind them have HORNS.
    DH actually wore out a set in one of our cars.

7. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  8. HLAC

HLAC Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    Central Utah
    They named a car after me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I used to wonder about the strange appearance of cars like the Honda Element. It's like it was a test to see if people wanted to save the environment bad enough that they'd be willing to drive an extraordinarly ugly vehicle.
    lol.

I really don't mind so much if they drive slow.. as long as they stay out of my way and don't give me any attitude. [​IMG]

9. HLAC

HLAC Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    Central Utah
    Quote:My truck doesn't have the readout and it didn't have the mpg rating on the dealer sticker when I bought it. It's in the class of 'you don't want know' trucks. (3/4 ton 4x4 with a 6L vortec)

10. Royd

May 31, 2009
    Middleburg, Fl.
    Quote:And we thought the AMC Pacer was ugly. I really wonder about design engineers, these days. Did they miss the class on aesthetics?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by