If you were a chicken, what breed would you be?

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by ChickenWisperer, Jan 17, 2011.

1. ChickenWisperer

ChickenWisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2008
    KY
    Just sat here, and started thinking... so here's the question -

If you were a chicken, what breed and color would you be?

I would probably either be an Australorp, or a Speckled Sussex. Both are fairly large birds, with nice personalities but are a bit too straightforward at times.

2. rearrolled

rearrolled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Aussie
    A light sussx [​IMG]

3. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    a Brahma

4. rearrolled

rearrolled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Aussie
    they look good [​IMG]

5. RainbowBirds_of_a_Feather

RainbowBirds_of_a_Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Maui
    Aloha,

I would would be an EE (Easter Egger) aka MUTT. I would have 3 tone coloration, Blue, Red, & White. In a cuckoo coloring pattern, Crele Pattern. But from a pure breed Americana X Phoenix mating. Where my feathers will be long and elegant as i walk the yard. I will have the the traditional Muffs/Beard look in the facial appearance. My comb would be a Strawberry version instead of a 3 row Pea comb, no waddles. With fantail appearance on my tail feathers. If I was a Rooster.

If I was a Hen, I would be a Americana X Brahma EE Hen. I would have a long tail trait of the Phoenix Hen. I think the Muffs/Beard appearance with the beautiful feathered legs/feet would be elegant. My tail will be fantail. But my feather pattern would be Blue Laced Chocolate. My comb would be a Cushion comb. And I would lay huge jumbo Dark Olive green eggs.

I know the answer should be simple but I wanted to elaborate on the question a little. [​IMG] If I could create birds like this that would definitely be more than one type of cross. But since EE's are crosses and often of unknown types from the feed store well, lets just pretend that they have all these traits. [​IMG]

6. User66184

User66184 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    East Coast, Virgina
    Black Star [​IMG]

7. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Don't really want to admit it, but probably a silkie hen----probably buff. You know, slightly squat, and round, and sometimes not aware of my surroundings, and a little bit air-headed at times--------but totally friendly, with a sunny disposition, and very nuturing toward everyone ("broody")!! [​IMG]

8. rainierlass

rainierlass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2010
    Eatonville,WA
    I would most likely be a Welsummer hen............never shuts up![​IMG]

9. rooster brandon.

rooster brandon. Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Kodak, by knoxville
    *Golden laced cochin bantam rooster*,just because its funny when he runs he looks like a grimlin creature mine does anyhow hes a good buy.

10. BirdNut

BirdNut Overrun With Chickens

Sep 13, 2010
    Suprise, Arizona
    An Easter Egger. Both Easter Eggers that I've owned, I loved, and I admit to almost showing a bit of favoritism toward them. They are just so colorful, so calm, and so friendly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by