If you were to put one last bird in your Flock and why???

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ChickenKid11, Nov 15, 2011.

1. ChickenKid11

ChickenKid11 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    So my question is if you were to put one last bird in your flock what breed would it be and why would you choose it????????

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Wyandotte. They're a beautiful breed.

3. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Gold laced Orpingtons or Jubilee. I would like some Marans too. So many beautiful birds it is to hard to choose. LOL!!!

4. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    That's easy for me. White faced black Spanish. Cool looking and one of the first breeds brought to the U.S and hardly anyone has them now.

5. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Araucana for the blue egg genes. Or a SLW for the eye candy. Or more JGs because I just love this breed most of all.

It's too hard to decide on just one more bird. You also can't integrate just one bird without it being a major hassle, so I would need to get at least another handful of birds. [​IMG]

Chicken math...

6. anderson8505

anderson8505 Peace, Love & Happy Chickens

D'Angelo N Va. :

That's easy for me. White faced black Spanish. Cool looking and one of the first breeds brought to the U.S and hardly anyone has them now.

Me TOO! I'm getting closer and closer to getting some though. Just got a message a few days ago from Terry Lund. WF Blue Spanish are on my list as well. Standard sized for me.​

7. teamsunbelt

teamsunbelt Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Midland, NC
    Who on this site has ever just added ONE MORE bird.

I am looking to add an EE (or two), my daughter wants one for Christmas. (or Three!)

8. Mother_Hen2011

Mother_Hen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    I would have to say EEger's because Im always suprised when I get different colored eggs! I cant wait till morning time to go and check for the pink and green and blue eggs [​IMG] (I have 3 EEgers which is my whole flock and each one lays a different color egg. [​IMG] So I get a blue green a pink and an olive green every other day or so. [​IMG] ) So I would have to say a handful of EEgers [​IMG]

9. SadieSue

SadieSue Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Tacoma, WA
    I am very close to my capacity here in the city, but I have a strong desire/need/wish to add an Imported English Orpington to the flock, (preferably blue) one of these days. Of course, I would need to get two so she had a friend to hang with during integration with the rest of my sweet flock. One of these days maybe! [​IMG]

10. azygous

azygous Chicken Obsessed

Dec 11, 2009
    Colorado Rockies
    Quote:And they're wicked-good layers!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by