1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If you were to recieve a gift...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gritsar, Apr 29, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    from another BYC member, what would you want? I want to buy a gift for a BYC member. I can spend about $25. Chocolates would melt in the mail and chicken knick knacks are not plentiful around here, but I suppose they could be found.
    Any ideas?
    I just now thought of a golden feather membership. I'll have to check to see if this person already has one.

2. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    High Springs, FL
    What about a gift certificate to a restaurant or store?

3. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    What about a BYC gift card, then they could use it for anything on the site.

4. piecemaker

piecemaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Centerville Texas
    Quote:I was at Hobby Lobby the other day they have a bunch of new chicken stuff
    pieceaker

5. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Something home made would mean much more to me than something someone bought.

6. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Chicken T-shirt.

If you're craft-ish, then something useful which you are good at making.

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Cool beans! We have to go to Texarkana next week. I'll check out their hobby lobby. I like the gift card idea too. Homemade would be great, but strapped for time with wedding plans. Thanks y'all.

8. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Once I had to give a gift to someone on BYC in one of the gift swaps. I sent a nice wind chime set (One of the good ones from walmart or lowes) and a chicken book from amazon. I think it was extra extraordinary chickens, enslaved by ducks, and some other chickens book. I know I LOVE windchimes...and you can never have too many! I also love books with lots of chicken pictures in them! All of that came up to about $25.

9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

KAt I have to say that if someone sent me ANYTHING I would be honored. I always buy things for people that I like myself. Including in the two swaps I have participated in. If I like it, I just hope they may too.

10. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    i get gifts everyday i log in

the warm gift of my BYC friends friendship! ... heck just logging in alone feels like i have won lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by