if your chickens running...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by picklespickles, Jan 14, 2008.

1. picklespickles

picklespickles Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    i was watching mine the other day and i was thinking i bet they walk a mile every day at least. they go up and around to talk to this animal and that then circle back to peck in some hay then go to find some sun then back around to nap by a tree then they see someone whose found something intersting and go over there then back to fly up in a tree. those are some active birds.

when i think about it, it seems like way more than a mile. they're little olympic athletes.

what feats of strength or speed do yours enjoy?

2. warren

warren Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2007
    UK
    My two also run about all day. One is quite thin even though they have food available all the time. The cat also runs about at top speed. Sometimes they nearly crash into each other! lol

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  3. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    Mine love to flun - that is fly/run. They'll be busy in one corner of the yard, then one gets an idea and takes off with the other one right behind her.

If they are on the deck and hear me coming out the door, they flun to get to me. Lots of excercise with the running flying thing!

4. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Quote:[​IMG]
    FINALLY! A name for the "fly/run/duck head/run into the tree because I'm not looking" manuver!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by