1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If Your Goats Are Sick I'll Help

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by alice80790, Mar 13, 2015.

1. chickens

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. goats

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. horse

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. pigs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. dogs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. cats

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. alice80790

alice80790 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2013
    aus
    Hi I've been though goats kidding in terror to goats nearly dying at a show but we saved it so place a message and i'll get back to you[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    A sensible goat owner should consult a livestock veterinarian in the event of goat illness. It is common sense that a medical professional knows more about caprine pathophysiology than someone on a forum. Most veterinarians can discuss and recommend treatments over the phone at no cost, but they can also come out to the farm as well.

1 person likes this.
  3. alice80790

alice80790 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 5, 2013
    aus
    in fact my brother is a vet

4. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    You are not your brother, you do not hold a veterinary medical license nor have years of schooling on the matter. Only your brother should be giving veterinary advise. Plus, there is no verification to your claim. It might be a good idea to use sentences that include capital letters and punctuation, if you want to be taken seriously, too. It helps show you are educated beyond elementary school.

There are resources where people can speak to actual veterinarians for goat medical assistance, such as Goat Vet Corner, though it should not be used for emergencies. A person can also simply pick up the phone and speak to their own local livestock veterinarian. Real medical professional > random person on the internet.

1 person likes this.
  5. naturalfeddogs

naturalfeddogs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2011
    If you aren't a vet, (which it doesn't sound like you are) then I'm pretty sure no one is going to get in touch with you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by