1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If you're a guy trying to impress a girl...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Lothiriel, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    True story here, still going on.

I know these 2 guys, roughly about the same age (a couple years older than I), and they shall be nominated J1 and J2 (because they both have J names).

J1 is the guy who is apparently trying to impress me. Like, really trying. He's going about it by "taking care of" his sister-in-law's 6 month old baby on Sunday mornings at church. That's in quotes because he is going about it in the worst possible manner. Yes, I'm sure it helps her and frees her up to do her other stuff that she's responsible for at church... But he's the last person in the world in whose care I would place my baby. Multiple times he has been playing with her and gotten carried away, and she has fallen over (from sitting on a table or something) and hit her head. And just this past Sunday, what did he do but place her sitting on a table, near the edge, in the church basement. This basement has a concrete floor, by the way. So he left her there and went all the way to the other end to do his own thing for several minutes. What the heck was he thinking??! Doesn't he know that it was incredibly dangerous??! Needless to say, his multiple efforts to impress me have failed rather miserably. I'm gonna have to tell him one of these days... [​IMG]

On to J2. He has impressed me without even trying. (And he knows it.) Long before I even met him at his church's evening service, he was like an older brother to his friends' 7 boys, and when I did meet him, they had just had their 8th. Ever since then, he has taken care of that baby. He has been gentle, careful, etc., and the mom tends to hand the baby off to J2 when he's fussy. Within seconds the baby is quiet and happy. This is the type of guy who gives me the impression of being mature and good with kids, is the type of guy I would have no qualms whatsoever leaving my kids with, and basically represents the guy I want to marry.

So. My point? Please, don't try to impress a girl by taking care of a baby unless you really can. It doesn't work. [​IMG]

And yes, in case any of you were wondering, I do have a major crush on J2. [​IMG] But this was an honest comparison of their child care... techniques... whatever... [​IMG]

2. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    don't worry I normally just lie and say I have lots of money

3. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Never really tried myself, I seemed to just attract women naturally once they get to know me [​IMG]. That isn't to brag of course, being honest. I just be myself.

4. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Just showing up for a date impresses a guy... so what do we know about impressions? [​IMG]

5. Lothiriel

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Quote:[​IMG] Well, I just helped ya learn a bit about them. [​IMG]

6. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Maybe they just like babys and aren't trying to impress you?? What else are they doing that makes you think their trying to impress you? I do think your idea of maturity is spot on! [​IMG]
    My DH love kids/babys and always has, he's very good with them, and was way before I came along. He should be, being 3rd born in a family of 11 kids.

7. Lothiriel

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Well, J1 hasn't really done much else to impress me, he just... stares and me, and has asked a few times if i have Facebook. And I could almost swear he took a picture of me with his phone... the creep.. [​IMG]

J2... Well.... He's been himself. The few times we've actually talked he's made nice conversation. He kind of impresses me without even trying. [​IMG]

8. cupman

cupman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Portland, OR
    I think you should pick J1. So he almost let a baby fall off a table onto concrete, I am pretty sure we have all been guilty of that at least a couple times. J2 strikes me as the dreamy type, in 20 years he will be selling womens' shoes, reliving the high school football glory days where he scored 4 touchdowns in one game. J1 is the safe bet.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  9. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    I've got two guy friends who are as different as chalk and cheese. I honestly wouldn't have a clue which one I'd like to date if the choice arose. One's outgoing and full of life, the other's one of those quiet, nice types whose middle name is Organisation. [​IMG]

P.S. J1 reminds me a bit of myself, to be honest. A lot of people think I'm weird or abnormal, even though I try to do what's right.

10. Lothiriel

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    I tend to disagree, cupman. J2 has a steady job and goes to college in preparation for his future career, while J1, on the other hand, has no job that I know of. Money's not everything, but I want a man who is willing and able to work. (And J2 doesn't play sports. He plays with cars and musical instruments. [​IMG])

Don't get me wrong, both of these guys are fun and stuff, but J1 goes to the extreme sometimes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by