If you're ALMOST positive they can't get out, They CAN!

lelisabeth

Songster
10 Years
Apr 20, 2009
Elverson, Pennsylvania
We went out to put our new chicks into their coop tonight, because the past two nights they hadn't figured out how to go in the coop at night yet. Well, its exciting when you realize they figured out where to go at night, but its terrifying when you see them standing on TOP of the ROOF! That little tiny gap between the top of the chicken wire and the roof that you saw but said "There's no way they can get out there"... They can. And I'll tell you one thing, its no fun doing construction in the dark with a storm coming. So, please take my advice and fix that teeny tiny hole while there is still light!!

Hi and Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I'm so sorry that you had to deal with this problem in the dark, with a storm coming.
hugs.gif

The positive out of this is that since you found that teeny tiny hole that they could get out of, it's the same hole that a predator could get into to.
wink.png

Dawn

First, I have to apologize because I started giggling as soon as I read your post. LOL To find them ON TOP of the coop must have been quite the surprise!!

I'm glad that you found that they could get out because now you know predators could get in as well.

See they were just pointing out your mistake. LOL

Laurie

frow.gif
I had that happen with my first silkie babies. They were so fluffy, they looked too big to fit through the chain link, but i looked out the window and saw them running around the yard. It sure is nice to get to learn of these things before something happened
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom