Ifound out if you don't want broody hens don't let hubby barn sit!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by mommyofthreewithchicks, Jul 26, 2011.

1. mommyofthreewithchicks

mommyofthreewithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    I now have 60 eggs under 4 hens and a duck hen on another nest. Really thought I was done with chicks for the year! I took the kids to Grandma's and while hubby fed and watered he forgot to take the eggs. Told me he couldn't find any... I don't think he looked very hard [​IMG] oh well... Off to candle to see which ones I can get by with throwing.

2. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    He was henotized into letting them keep the eggs. [​IMG]

3. mommyofthreewithchicks

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    Ha!!!
    [​IMG]

I keep finding their hidden nests, just found another with 9 eggs in it.

4. azalea

azalea Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    My DH is not terribly good at finding eggs either, I just assume he won't when I'm gone. But he is great at the food and water duties! [​IMG]

5. mommyofthreewithchicks

Jun 25, 2010
    Minnesota
    I was pleasantly surprised to find only one hen gone ( and I am not sure it would still be alive had I been here). He rocked the water/food duties while I was away and he had to not only deal with the extreme heat but also a minor flood.

I have now marked all the eggs and thought I brought in today's eggs only to find a half formed chick in one... I don't think I am eating eggs for a day or two.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by