Igloo Cooler/Bator Incubator for sale...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rebel Rooster, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Hi Guys!
    "Rebel Roo" here [​IMG]
    I have 6 Cooler/Bators (of my own design)... too many! I love to build em' but I'm outta room... This one is a 52 qrt. cooler... I've modified the water heater thermostat to hold within 1/2 degree when heated up to operating temp. I've hatched over 1000 eggs in this incubater! Quail, Chickens, Pheasants, Guineas, & Ducks... This one is tried and true! I live in Central SC and was planning on running this as a "pick-up" auction only... but, if you would like for me to check on shipping charges to your zip, just PM me and I'll check for ya!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I also have a hardware cloth lined hatching tray that I will also include "Not Pictured"
    Thanks for lookin'
    Wade
    www.RushLanePoultry.com

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  2. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    I've used the cooler brooders and love them! I've used them for parrots for almost a decade. Because I can't really see in the pictures. How are you controlling the humidity? Do you have vents in it? Tell me all! LOL

Laurie

3. hunterjumper999

hunterjumper999 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Box Springs
    how far are you from 31801 ?

4. Rebel Rooster

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Quote:Hi Laurie... Well. I have 3/16" vent holes drilled around the bottom of the bator, and I have 4 vent holes drilled in the top... two 1/2" holes and two 1/4" holes... all drilled in the 4 cup holders molded in the lid... I use a small 16 to 20 oz. bowl of water with shredded t-shirt strips as wicks... when all holes are open, humidity holds at 50 to 60%... when I want to raise humidity (at hatch time) I stuff dry t-shirt strips in the cup holders where the 1/2" holes are drilled and it raises to 70%... I really don't want to get rid of it! But I've built so many of em' I'm out of room!
    Go to my website: www.RushLanePoultry.com and look at the vids... there are some clips in there of my bators in action! Thanks for lookin' Laurie! Wade

5. Rebel Rooster

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    Quote:I'm a little over 300 miles from u guys...

6. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Quote:Hi Laurie... Well. I have 3/16" vent holes drilled around the bottom of the bator, and I have 4 vent holes drilled in the top... two 1/2" holes and two 1/4" holes... all drilled in the 4 cup holders molded in the lid... I use a small 16 to 20 oz. bowl of water with shredded t-shirt strips as wicks... when all holes are open, humidity holds at 50 to 60%... when I want to raise humidity (at hatch time) I stuff dry t-shirt strips in the cup holders where the 1/2" holes are drilled and it raises to 70%... I really don't want to get rid of it! But I've built so many of em' I'm out of room!
    Go to my website: www.RushLanePoultry.com and look at the vids... there are some clips in there of my bators in action! Thanks for lookin' Laurie! Wade

Love love love them Wade!

7. cjexotic

cjexotic Cj's Mandarin Ducks

Mar 11, 2008
    Central PA
    Nice job. How many eggs does it hold and what would the shipping be to 17701 pa.. thanks cj

8. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG] 60 dollars !!! What a great price for 1,000 eggs! Omg I love it. wish it was closer to my birthday [​IMG]c

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by