1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

IKEA Thanksgiving Day Parade

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Year of the Rooster, Nov 29, 2008.

1. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Did anyone else watch this? [​IMG]

I am proud to say that I was in the parade as part of my school's marching band. It was sooo much fun!! All of those people! Although it was a loooong and tiring walk, it was a great experience. But the bad part.......... We were aired during a commercial [​IMG] so nobody got to see us on TV. -sigh- Oh well, the good thing is we received a lot of compliments about how we were the best band, they saved the best for last, and how straight our lines were! [​IMG] I'm so proud of our band.

If some of you guys did watch it, my band was the one wearing the Santa hats [​IMG] Our uniforms were navy blue, yellow/gold, and white. Oh, and I play the trumpet. [​IMG]

ETA: Sorry, this was in Philidelphia, Pensylvania. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2008
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I didn't even know Ikea had a parade.....

3. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Well I SAW YOU!!! [​IMG]

Was your band one with twirlers wearing next to nothing?! I kept thinking those girls must have frostbite it was barely above freezing!!

The band from Alabama looked like they were about to die! [​IMG]

(honestly I don't have a good memory for uniforms or which band was which....) I was just enjoying the show! Thanks for coming!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IKEA doesn't have a parade - Philadelphia does, but IKEA sponsored it cause Boscovs went under... more or less. [​IMG] It was weird to have it be a non-American store for such an American holiday.

4. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

Well I SAW YOU!!! [​IMG]

Was your band one with twirlers wearing next to nothing?! I kept thinking those girls must have frostbite it was barely above freezing!!

The band from Alabama looked like they were about to die! [​IMG]

(honestly I don't have a good memory for uniforms or which band was which....) I was just enjoying the show! Thanks for coming!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IKEA doesn't have a parade - Philadelphia does, but IKEA sponsored it cause Boscovs went under... more or less. [​IMG] It was weird to have it be a non-American store for such an American holiday.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    I can't remember what our twirlers (actually called Majorettes) were wearing, but I do know that their uniform looks like a one-piece bathing suit. If you remember seeing a marching band with santa hats on, that was us [​IMG] We were also in front of the giant Elmo balloon.​

5. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    We were sitting under the Pakistan flag on the Avenue of he Arts.

Were you guys the last band?

6. Year of the Rooster

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    I have WHAT in my yard? :

We were sitting under the Pakistan flag on the Avenue of he Arts.

Were you guys the last band?

Yea!!! Did you see us?​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by