IL - Wonderful flock of seven layer hens - FREE to good home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by William Ashby, May 11, 2010.

1. William Ashby

William Ashby New Egg

May 11, 2010
    Grayslake
    1 - Golden-laced Wyandotte
    1 - Barred Rock
    1 - Speckled Sussex
    1 - Black Star
    1 - Australorp
    1 - Rhode Island Red
    1 - Buff Orpington

Very nice, healthy flock. They are all one year old and laying eggs. We cannot keep them due to zoning regulations. Pickup only in the far north suburbs of Chicago. We also have a bag of organic feed, a bag of organic scratch, a bag of grit, food tray, water bowl, electric water bowl, two nesting boxes, and some collapsible fencing that you can also have for free if you wish.

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  2. Chickenhuntin

Chickenhuntin Out Of The Brooder

Mar 22, 2010
    Walworth county, WI
    I can take a couple. I have five in 32 sq foot coop. and I free range them on wed for a couple hours and every weekend day I just open it and let them go in and out as they please. I got the room for maybe four but that maybe pushing it. I would love you golden lacey and you black star though.lol

3. marcym

marcym Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    Iowa
    I would be interested in all of them. I am from IA, but have a friend who drives in to work air traffic control in Chicago every day. I can ask him if he would pick them up for me. He would get a kick out of chickens in his PT Cruiser. (I have cages of course!) I have 10 acres, 66 chickens, a pet turkey, 2 guineas, 42 goats, 3 large dogs, a cat, a husband and two teenage daughters. A few more chickens would be great! The chickens get run of the farm when I don't have a garden in. When the garden is growing, they are in a vary large enclosed pen attached to a coop that is bigger than my living room. I have 15 nest boxes and am in the process of buying 10 more on Craigslist. I have Buff Orpingtons, Red Stars, Barred Rocks, Silver Laced Wyandottes, Rhode Island Reds, Cinnamon Queens, and 4 little bantys that I don't know what they are yet. It would probably be best to email me at [email protected] if this sounds like a good fit for your chickens.

4. William Ashby

William Ashby New Egg

May 11, 2010
    Grayslake
    Thank you all who responded for your interest. I have found a home for the chickens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by