I'll be divorced Wednesday

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by rasin peeps, May 17, 2010.

1. rasin peeps

rasin peeps Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2010
    Cumberland, MD
    The 7 nine week old chickens in my garage will be headed to the coop tomorrow. [​IMG]. What my husband doesn't know is that 5 silver laced Wyanndottes and 5 Barred Rock pullets will be taking their place in the brooder box on Wednesday!! I'm excited. I wonder if he will be!!![​IMG]

The "babies" are growing so fast. All are roosting on the box sides except one. I think its a Red Sex link pullet. Any thoughts why she doesn't roost? All are the same age and she's only slightly smaller. The others are Leghorns and Black Sex Link pullets. Thanks for any thoughts.

2. mightieskeeper

mightieskeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2009
    Clio Michigan
    Some chickens take a long time to catch on to roosting. It must not come as natural to them.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Aww. I thought we were being invited to a "divorce" party!! You were just funnin' us. Only kidding

4. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Are we related??? lol That sounds like something I would do (or maybe did do this morning shhhhhhhh dont tell my hubby). Well congratulations on your new babies and may your older babies grow strong and healthy AND may you celebrate another blissful year of being wedded. If not, we could start a support group.

5. rasin peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Cumberland, MD
    Too funny!! I've been showing him the pictures of the peeps Im expecting from Cackle. He's all the time telling me how he can't remember things...he's only 37...I'll just tell him "I told you all about this. Maybe you just don't listen." hehehe....just seems wrong. He was out in the rain tonight catching worms for these chicks! Isn't he sweet??

6. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    I thought you were really getting divorced and you were replacing him with chicks! [​IMG]

7. newlyweds

newlyweds Pearl of the Prairie

Mar 12, 2010
    Southeast Texas
    How funny you sound like me, I am getting some new chicks Thursday and just had the guts to tell DH last night, and to my amazement, he wasn't mad at all, lol! Just tell him![​IMG]

8. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    My 21 chicks are just 9 days old. My DH just ordered 72 different exotic pheasant eggs from various sources so that when my chickens are ready to go out, we'll have to get at least another bigger brooder for the pheasant babies! What was he thinking? He doesn't even have the aviary built yet! Oh well, I guess we'll just have lots of love at my house...and dust....

9. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    OMG! I'll be divorced too, and probably by Saturday evening == [​IMG]

DH knew my hen was sitting on eggs. I *think* I told him when I culled a couple, so he *might* remember that we are only sitting on 6 eggs (and by WE, I mean me and my hen [​IMG]) but there are 10 chicks in my foyer in a brooder - to help make up for what I'm seeing is going to be a very small hatch from 9 original eggs.

SO, by Saturday when the hatch is over, I'll have at least 10 chickies, maybe 11, 12?? Do you think he'll remember that there were only 6 eggs at the beginning of this week, and they weren't supposed to hatch until Saturday???? [​IMG]

10. rasin peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Cumberland, MD
    The babies came today!! Small but healthy looking. AND IM STILL MARRIED!!! haha.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by