Ill chicken

ashadfar17

In the Brooder
Jan 30, 2018
Hello!
I haven’t dealt with sick chickens, the worst I’ve had is mites!

I have a hen who is about 4-5 years old. I noticed her throwing up when I would go into the coop at night while roosting. She now has a gurgling noise, lethargic, I’ve observed her eating and drinking. What had me concerned is I noticed her beak not aligning correctly which prompted me to look inside her mouth. When I looked in there there is a large white sac looking thing obstructing her airway. I have no clue what it is. I also noticed a terrible odor from her and she does have droppings on her feathers. Her eyes are red and puffy with drainage as well. She used to be my top hen and now is lowest in the roosting poles.

I have one other chicken who has lost her voice but has no other symptoms, she’s been like that for a year. Happy and is one of the top in pecking order. (Not sure what, maybe CRD?)

All other chickens have no symptoms of respiratory problems.

I have tried to upload a photo!!!

I am in dire need of whah to do?! Or if I need to treat my whole flock?!

Thanks!

Hello!
I haven’t dealt with sick chickens, the worst I’ve had is mites!

I have a hen who is about 4-5 years old. I noticed her throwing up when I would go into the coop at night while roosting. She now has a gurgling noise, lethargic, I’ve observed her eating and drinking. What had me concerned is I noticed her beak not aligning correctly which prompted me to look inside her mouth. When I looked in there there is a large white sac looking thing obstructing her airway. I have no clue what it is. I also noticed a terrible odor from her and she does have droppings on her feathers. Her eyes are red and puffy with drainage as well. She used to be my top hen and now is lowest in the roosting poles.

I have one other chicken who has lost her voice but has no other symptoms, she’s been like that for a year. Happy and is one of the top in pecking order. (Not sure what, maybe CRD?)

All other chickens have no symptoms of respiratory problems.

I have tried to upload a photo!!!

I am in dire need of whah to do?! Or if I need to treat my whole flock?!

Thanks!
Welcome to BYC! We need to see the pictures. Are you on a phone or computer?

Back
Top Bottom