ill chicks - pleae help!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jakejefferis, Dec 30, 2008.

1. jakejefferis

jakejefferis New Egg

Dec 30, 2008
    Hi

I have just got two baby chicks, not sure how old they are. they were fine for about 1 week, then 1 off them stopped eating, started drinking loads, and sleeping a lot. this morning she died. the other one was fine till then but has now stared showing the same symtoms, is she just missing her sister? i think their chests look stightly bigger then they were, is that normal?

we are living in the caribbean so don't have access to lots of medication for them, human antibiotics would be about it,

any advice would be great!!!!!

2. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    I'm so sorry, Jake. I wish I knew what to tell you. You probably need to tell us more. You say you don't know how old they are. Are they feathered out? If not, they need to be kept warm. What are you feeding them? Hopefully, somebody with more expertise will come along and help you. Oh, and by the way, [​IMG]

Another thought...if their chests are very big, it sounds like they could have impacted crops. That's another reason to tell us what you've been feeding them.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Have you been checking their rears to make sure no poop is stuck there? That can kill them pretty quickly if they can't release their waste....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by