1. dive4ducks2

dive4ducks2 New Egg

Dec 22, 2011
    I am new here people probably knew my late fiancee Cindi. I have inherited all of her birds and know less than nothing about them. Cindi's daughter came over today and said that it look as if something was going around the coop, that the birds looked pale. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you.

2. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Any symptoms?

3. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

oh wow... I'd suggest you hit the bookstore and look for chickens for dummies...

other than them looking pale, are they wheezing, coughing, lethargic...?

4. RhodeIslandRedFan

RhodeIslandRedFan Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2009
    Central PA
    Hello, dive4ducks2, and welcome to BYC. [​IMG] Folks on here would be better able to help if you gave us more information to go on. If you answer the questions in the sticky at the top of this section called "Have an Emergency / Disease? Please read first", that would help. I copied and pasted the questions below for you. Good luck!

1) What type of bird , age and weight (does the chicken seem or feel lighter or thinner than the others.)
    2) What is the behavior, exactly.
    3) How long has the bird been exhibiting symptoms?
    4) Are other birds exhibiting the same symptoms?
    5) Is there any bleeding, injury, broken bones or other sign of trauma.
    6) What happened, if anything that you know of, that may have caused the situation.
    7) What has the bird been eating and drinking, if at all.
    8) How does the poop look? Normal? Bloody? Runny? etc.
    9) What has been the treatment you have administered so far?
    10 ) What is your intent as far as treatment? For example, do you want to treat completely yourself, or do you need help in stabilizing the bird til you can get to a vet?
    11) If you have a picture of the wound or condition, please post it. It may help.
    12) Describe the housing/bedding in use.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by