1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'll gladly accept hugs

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gritsar, Dec 16, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm having one of those days. Not a horrible day compared to what some folks are facing, but a miserable day nonetheless.
    The day started out okay. DH is off from work, it's his "weekend". I really enjoy having him home.
    We sit down this morning to do bills and find out we have too much month left at the end of our money. Oh well, could be worse. Some folks don't have any money with which to pay their bills.
    Head to town to do a little bit of grocery shopping and a very little bit of Christmas shopping. I'd already finished mine, but we needed to shop together for the DDs and the GS.
    Stop at the pharmacy to pick up my meds., including a new sleep med. The old one was too strong for me, so the doctor called in the exact same med, only in a lower strength (7.5 mg vs. 15 mg.) Last month I got the stronger dose and with my insurance I paid $6 for the month's supply. For the lesser dose of the same med., my insurance refused to pay. The one med. was $211 or to put it another way, $205 more than it is in the higher dose. Needless to say, I didn't get it.
    So we finish our shopping, stop to drop off my car payment and DH needed to go by the PD for a sec. While he's in there, my Dad calls me on my cell. Seems he forgot that he sent each of us kids a check for Christmas and closed the account that those checks were written on today. Of course, I had already deposited mine and used the money to buy Christmas for my DH. So, a call to my bank and a trip 30 miles away to put enough money in my account to cover my car payment, since my account is now short the amount of the check from Dad. Also, while Dad had me on the phone he informed me that our home phone has been disconnected. Uh, no Dad,not likely to happen. Still he insisted. Got home and checked caller i.d.; Dad must have called a wrong number.
    Put the groceries away and go out to check on the chickens. The cows have somehow torn down the electric fence. They smashed both outside waterers, went in the coop, spilled the inside waterer all over the coop floor and the fresh shavings I put down yesterday and emptied a 30 lb. feeder that I filled full this morning. The best part? They ripped the bottom half of the door off the coop.
    I got rid of the wet bedding, re-filled the feeder, re-filled the inside waterer and got the chickens settled in for the night.
    Come back up to the house just as my DSD is pulling up, her first words? "What's for supper?"

If you'll excuse me, I'll be over in the corner having myself a good cry. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Poor Gritty! I'm sorry you're having a bad day. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Ugh... ! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

5. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    awww grit! i sorry i know soooo very well how those days are!!! ((HUGS)) to you!

6. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

[​IMG]

Can I tell you something? Visualizing cows in the chicken coop munching out of the feeder makes me blow liquid out of my nose.... Did that make you smile?

7. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    gritsar.....Hugs to you!!!!!

Here's a tip on your meds....Call the nurse for the doc tomorrow....Get her to prescribe again the old med....If it's in those caplets, open them and weigh out 1/2 of the ammount....See if the nurse can ask for a tablet RX and then just cut in half..... It's goofy but I've remade caplets for myself in a similar situation.....

Well hope your evening goes better!

8. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Here you go.

[​IMG] Whoops I must have hit the wrong smiley, now how do I edit that??

P.S. I think I would have had FRESH hamburger for dinner.

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:This is the part that blows my mind. DH has explained to me how a cow could possibly eat out of a chicken feeder, I still don't buy it 100%, but yeah okay whatever. The thing is, my chickens laid tons of eggs today. If I try to walk in the coop while they are laying, they're squawking at me and giving me stink eye all around. Apparently they could care less if a half-ton heifer is standing not two feet away from the nestbox. [​IMG]

10. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    Quote:[​IMG] I'd tell you to go jump in a lake but it's more fun to bring out the popcorn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by