Ill looking chicks - Help Needed!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MuckyPuppy, Jul 4, 2011.

1. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    I had three chicks hatch out this morning/afternoon. I left them in the incubator to dry out and to let their siblings hatch. They started chirping really loudly and then I found one of them on it's back not moving. The temp in the incubator was 99 and the humdity was 65. The two others look pretty sick right now. The one I found on it's back is now dead and out of the other two one looks more active than the other. I dipped their beaks and they drank a little. I don't know what else to do. I do know that I'll be removing the chicks immediately after they hatch instead of waiting now. What did I do wrong and how can I save the others? I have several pips in the other eggs. Should I help them or leave them? This is so very heartbreaking.

2. Chick15

Chick15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2011
    They could just be exhausted? Erm, you could also try sugar water (or gatorade) to get them more active... Sorry for your loss and that I couldn't be more help.....

3. MuckyPuppy

MuckyPuppy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    UK
    Thank you for your reply! I'm trying the sugar water and if that doesn't work then I'll do the gatorade!

4. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    go back and post this under the Incubating and Hatching thread, maybe someone there can help...sorry I have never hatched any of my own...good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by