illeagal poultry selling?

Looks like I've broke the law a lot then...
hide.gif

If you live in Tn and take birds to sell at an auction or swap in Ky you have to have NIPI papers or they will fine you. At the two places I. Go to,one a swap another a auction there are state people there that are testing birds and checking papers. I have heard it's the same for the reverse. It seems to apply only for poultry not small animals.

Quote:
Yes to an auction or swap, they CAN if they find you.

If private sales, I honestly don't think so. I've had people buy birds from anywhere and everywhere with no issues once forever. It all boils down who you know and how the birds were treated and their enivornment settings. Reputable breeders or private owners are the best ones, better than auctions or swaps in most cases.

There's one big problem with these laws... There is no magic to a state line.... Some of our chickens cross the state line every time they walk out of there coop.

These laws are a headache to us that live on the state line. I can spit on two state lines from here so that means I can legally only sell to 1/4th of my neighbors. The one that have the same state as me at the end of there address.

I can sell chickens to people all the way across the state in Savana but can be fined if I sell to someone 2 blocks over. Its a joke.

Back
Top Bottom