Illegal to keep roosters?

Christy’s coop

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2018
Okay so I live in the north of England in a semi detached house with a fairly large back garden but we have neighbors at all sides. We currently have chicks and we will be keeping 1 male and will probably be getting it one of those crow collar things. Does anybody by any chance know if I’d be allowed to keep a cockerel under these circumstances?

Do you have a town hall you can go to with this question and find the local ordinances.
I think this question is a very localized one. I live in a rural area and what is okay for me is not good for others with neighbors on all sides, I'm guessing that there might be issues, but that is just a guess.

Do you have a town hall you can go to with this question and find the local ordinances.
I think this question is a very localized one. I live in a rural area and what is okay for me is not good for others with neighbors on all sides, I'm guessing that there might be issues, but that is just a guess.
I’m not even sure if there is a town hall here but I’ll have a look and go to it if there is. And right thank you I just assumed it would be the same in most places

Personally I can’t believe towns allow chickens at all. When my girls are laying I can hear them a mile away !! With windows closed! And radio on! Get it?? They’re noisy critters
Yeah I get it but I know of a few different people in my area keeping hens and being perfectly fine but nobody owns, or knows about owning a rooster

Do you know what the local law ordinance is in your town? Where I used to live the maximum amount of chickens allowed here was 12 hens and one rooster and that was 1/4 of an acre. I just looked up law in my city on the internet.
Ahh thank you i diddnt know you could do that I’ll try it now !

Back
Top Bottom