Illinois Section 11 FFA Poultry Show Results

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Ang, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    First of all, thanks for the advice on the spurs. We opted not to do them and all was well. Second, my son did well! He took 3 hens and 5 roosters. He ended up getting 3 firsts and a 3rd with the roosters and 2 3rds with the hens. He also ended up with Reserve Grand Champion with our little Cochin roo! Our self-blue D'Uccle missed placing because of a curved tail. It came down to that tiny stuff on the bantam roo class. There were some really nice roos! The judge said it was the most difficult class she had judged today. Anyway, here is my son with Gunner and the RGC plaque. Its been an exciting day!

[​IMG]

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Is this at the Peoria Expo Gardens?????? The background looks familiar!

Congrats to your son for doing a GREAT job! Its a beauty for sure!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  3. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    Nope, its the Hancock County Fairgrounds. He was surprised that he did so well. [​IMG] He has been bitten by the bug and has already decided to start a light Brahma and a d'Uccle flock just for showing. LOL!

4. catwalk

catwalk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2009
    Congratulations! That's awesome! [​IMG]

5. jacobkelly15

jacobkelly15 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 8, 2011
    Phoenix
    im in FFA an im 17 and ive show chickens for 5 years and im always surpised what i win! i think that i didnt conditon the birds right and they wont win high and stuff an then i see a champ ferather leg or champion S.C.C.L!!!! ITS ALOT OF FUN KEEP SHOWING CHICKENS!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by