Illinois Wisconsin and Iowa* Flooding * BYC Friends okay?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chikenlady, Jun 9, 2008.

1. chikenlady

chikenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Cantonment, FL
    I am not sure what topic this belongs under, but I was wondering how all our Illinois members faired with the recent terrible flooding. Please post and let us know how you are! While I was waiting for an oil change this morning, I heard another state is in trouble, as well. Was it Wisconsin? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2008
  2. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    I live in Lincoln Illinois, and we had quite the flood, and more flood warning today!
    this is the road going north of our house, about a mile away
    [​IMG]

this is our neighbors about 1/4 mile down the road, We live by a creek, they totally lost their goat pen, they have a fenced area on the opposite side up on a hill, thank god!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and this is a bridge, an old wooden and steel bridge, totally under water.
    [​IMG]

3. chikenlady

Apr 18, 2008
    Cantonment, FL
    WOW! All I can say is stay dry and I hope it does not get any higher! [​IMG]

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    My folks had lived in Hartsburg until last year, I remember flooding in the farmers field on the way to Mt Pulaski....flood big time!

Our basement flooded on the first day of rain and didnt do too bad with the wet/dry vac but luckily nothing really of value downstairs, mostly tools and chicken stuff and a washer and dryer and a freezer which all of them were propped up with boards.

However our den in basement, the false floor may be needed to be ripped up after so much repeated wetness. Last year we were blessed with only one tiny leak and stayed dried for the remainer of the year. This year, flooded only no more than two to three inches of water.

Hope the rest of the folks are doing ok! We live in the city limits and sometimes our drain system were so clogged up that water has a hard time draining.

5. Ang

Ang Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    West Central Illinois
    We are fine here in west central IL. The river is coming up but no real flooding....yet. All that water to the north is still making its way down river. We are under constant flood warnings.

6. Near Lake Villa, up by the Wisconsin line. Our backyard is a mess. The coop is elevated, roads are open. But lots of water!

7. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Hello Chickenlady I was just about to post a new post and I clicked on yours,,,,,,I have been wondering how people are doing,,,,,,I heard three states in this area were declared, what did they say "states of emergency'? by Pres Bush. I know Wisconsin, and Illinois I take it, and I think it was Iowa. Well I live in Northern half of Wisc and we didnt get it too bad but the southern half was aweful. On the Tv this morning they showed a video of a VERY large house(at least 2 stories) being carried away with the flood waters. There is rain predicted for the next 5 days. Can you change your post name to add Wisc and Iowa? Thanks [​IMG]

editted: last night we only got 2", La Crosse, where my mom lives got close to 8" and she lives within a football field of the Mississippi. I heard other parts of Wisconsin were much higher quantities of rain.

8. chikenlady

Apr 18, 2008
    Cantonment, FL
    I changed the subject line to reflect the other states that have experienced flooding. Let us know how you guys are doing! We are thinking about ya! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by