Illiterate chickens

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JetBlack, Jul 29, 2010.

1. JetBlack

JetBlack Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    In the morning and on cool afternoons, my chickens make a U shape and walk, slowly through the grass, in the backyard. Like a tiny herd of omnivorous dinosaurs. They scratch and claw, to stir up bugs, uncover worms and make grasshoppers fly. Other birds flock in a V. Mine, a U.

I obviously have remedial chickens. They are too lazy to make crisp letters. They do lay very aerodynamic eggs though. I guess they have that talent.

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    Maybe your birds are too chubby to make a V.

3. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Quote:You must have been to my house. [​IMG]

4. JetBlack

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Yeah, they roost on the cable and power lines. When they first climb up there, they are spaced, however they like. By morning, there is one ball of colored feathers, sagging the lines down.

5. 33yardbirds

33yardbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Southern New Jersey
    Quote:You buy them books, send them to school, and all they do is peck the pensils, lead poisoning no doubt. [​IMG]

6. JetBlack

Apr 19, 2010
    Coeur d'Alene, ID
    Quote:You buy them books, send them to school, and all they do is peck the pensils, lead poisoning no doubt. [​IMG]

It's like they don't even try.

7. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2010
    Woodinville
    [​IMG]

8. newTexan2chickens

newTexan2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Don't feel bad.... mine can't read either~! My little hen with the comb that has been bright red for 2 weeks now and has been submitting to the roo hasn't laid an egg yet. I know I read she should be with all those signs! I guess she didn't read that tho. [​IMG]

9. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:[​IMG]

10. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

They weren't making a "U". They were making the shape of an egg, but there weren't enough chickens. You need MORE CHICKENS!![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by