Illness, Symptoms, Medication & Dosage List?

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Buugette, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    This may be redundant... but I was thinking that it would be nice to have a listing of chicken illnesses, the medication used to treat, suggested dosage, and how to administer. I remember something about a sticky being made, but it would be so nice if there was a place, perhaps not in this forum, where we could print out the list/chart. There are so many times that the same questions are asked, not that there is anything wrong with that, but it would be nice to have a tab that said maybe "Known Illnesses"... and then list them, maybe with their symptoms and then the rest of the information. Of course, with the full knowledge that the information is only guidelines, and NOT a replacement for proper vet care.

Diana

2. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
  3. WoofMeowCluck

WoofMeowCluck Dark Speckled Egg Lover

Mar 9, 2010
    Great idea, Diana, I would love to see this happen! It would be of great value to those of us who don't have a Vet in the area that will treat chickens.

Annie

4. WoofMeowCluck

WoofMeowCluck Dark Speckled Egg Lover

Mar 9, 2010
    Quote:Thanks, Terrielacy!

5. Buugette

Buugette [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Cra

May 26, 2009
    Bucks County, PA
    Quote:This is wonderful, thank you. I knew I had heard something about a sticky... just couldn't find it. Thanks again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by