I'm a army mom

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Terrik, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Terrik

Terrik Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Dallas, OR
    I'm an Army mom. I'm couldn't be more proud of my oldest son. Today I received the dreaded call that every army mom knows will come at one point or another "I'm going to Afghanistan." My heart sank. I tried to keep it together while we were on the phone now I can't seem to stop crying. I'm so glad I have such a supportive husband, family and another son but I am also glad I have my chickens. After my son left for basic training I wrapped myself into my chickens my husband says I'm trying to fill my empty nest. Who knows, however I do know I sure love those girls and have fun with them.

2. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Terrik

We will pray and hope that your son will arrive safely home after his tour.

Chickens are very good 'therapy' for all of us. Wishing you well.

3. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    [​IMG]

Thank you to your son and thank you and your family. I have cousins/friends who are serving and it's never easy. Chic made me smile with "chicken therapy." How true it is!!

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't think it's a coincidence that I started with chickens when my second child went off to college.

5. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

[​IMG] Hang in there! [​IMG]

6. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    I live just outside the Marine Corp Base here in 29 Palms and many of the Marines and their wives are clients of my partner.

It's really tough to hear them talk about how hard it is when they or their men are deployed. I can't imagine what it must feel like for a parent.

I just wanted to say thank you to all our military families for their service and dedication.

God Bless You All!

7. zzGypsy

zzGypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    Huge [​IMG] for you and your family, and please tell your son Thank You for Your Service, from me and my hubby who is former special forces.

We lived near Camp Pendleton and know lots of young marines, we often hire them for work around the place after they return from deployment. it's not easy being deployed, but do know the vast majority come back just fine. the young men and women who serve know what they're signing up for, and go to do it willingly, even if they don't know everything they will encounter. it's to your credit that you raised the kind of man that can and will do what he's doing. one of the hard things then, as a mom, is to live up to the courage of the excellent son you raised.

cry as much as you need to, and hug your chickens. sometimes it helps to meet some other military families too, they know what you know and how you feel first hand.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by