I'm a bit Miffed this morning!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by gofasterstripe, Dec 22, 2010.

1. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

I was selling blown duck eggs on Ebay. I was blowing out my Khaki Campbell eggs and selling my Pekin eggs for eating. Well 1 of the people I sold eggs to sent me an email this morning saying
    You need to send Duck eggs, I know the difference, these are chicken eggs so please send me duck eggs.
    I did reply that I DONT have chickens and that they were Khaki duck eggs and to go to my Facebook page and she will see I dont have chickens and that I am not lying to her. I also did offer a refund on the eggs too.
    I only know chicken eggs I buy from the Grocery store so I dont know if home, free range chicken eggs are like duck eggs...coz I dont have chickens.
    Whats a person to do!!??

2. Chick_In_The_Burbs

Chick_In_The_Burbs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Western Washington
    Huh... I've heard of people having issues with Ebay from the sellers side before but what in the world made her decide they were chicken eggs? Worst she can do (I think) is leave bad feedback. You've already offered a refund and informed her they really are duck eggs even if they don't look how she expected. Not much else you can do unfortunantly. [​IMG]

Just don't let this one lady get you down. 'Those people' are out there and you're bound to run into one every once in a while.

3. geebs

geebs Lovin' the Lowriders!

Sep 28, 2008
    I would simply tell her that they are duck eggs and ask why she was dissatisfied and what was she expecting??? you really don't know what the problem is yet... Is it size??? Give a personal phone call and make it as right as you can. Good luck.

4. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    If it were me, I would send her a picture of one, or the whole flock, of my "chickens" and ask her just what breed of "chickens" she thinks these are. I would ask her why she thought they were chicken eggs, out of curiosity if nothing else. I would also tell her, nicely, that chicken eggs, duck eggs, and goose eggs can vary a LOT depending on the breed, the individual, and any number of other factors some of which seem to be known only by the chicken, duck, or goose that laid the egg.

5. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

I sent her a message with an offer of a refund. She got back to me saying they look like the eggs she gets from Krogers...(I have no idea what or who Krogers is) and that they dont look like the ducks eggs she saw years ago!!! and that since I said HONESTLY in my reply she will take my word for it!! End of story...oh well what can I say

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by