I'm a chicken mom again!

Erica2397

Chirping
Feb 28, 2018
Iowa
Hello All,
I'm a brand new chicken mom, again. Our kids are all now over the age of seven and we have moved to an acerage with plenty if space! It's been quite a few years since I've raised chicks, so I felt kind of rusty at first, found this forum and decided to join, it's been a blast reading through the threads.
I'm excited to turn the chicks loose in the next few weeks, and our daughters are more than ready to see their chickens explore in the yard.

G’Day from down under Erica… :frow Welcome and Congratulations on your new home! :clap

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out. Lots of good refreshers for the rusty ;)

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out :D

Hello All,
I'm a brand new chicken mom, again. Our kids are all now over the age of seven and we have moved to an acerage with plenty if space! It's been quite a few years since I've raised chicks, so I felt kind of rusty at first, found this forum and decided to join, it's been a blast reading through the threads.
I'm excited to turn the chicks loose in the next few weeks, and our daughters are more than ready to see their chickens explore in the yard.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens

Welcome Erica, it's nice to meet you. What breeds do you have now?
Currently a mixed flock of Buff Orpington, Barred Rock and Ameraucana. 5 in total. They are currently approaching the two week mark and fly out of the brooder to greet me every morning, curious to see what I'm up to. My BO seems to be behind by a few days. she doesn't quite have all of her secondary Wing feathers in yet, abd seems like it's hard for her to get off the ground for her size. Such a chubby little thing.

Hello All,
Currently a mixed flock of Buff Orpington, Barred Rock and Ameraucana. 5 in total. They are currently approaching the two week mark and fly out of the brooder to greet me every morning, curious to see what I'm up to. My BO seems to be behind by a few days. she doesn't quite have all of her secondary Wing feathers in yet, abd seems like it's hard for her to get off the ground for her size. Such a chubby little thing.
1194610-fa6c82b73dd5829fc6acafd6a2529984.gif
AWESOME V1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom