I'm a chicken whisperer!

kimntep

Songster
9 Years
Dec 30, 2010
Ocala, Florida
My 11 yr old daughter thought it was hilarious when she came out to find me in the middle of the yard with Polly on my back! She's the friendliest, silliest chicken! Of course, she's happiest when she sees that I have scratch, but she used to just fly up and land on the edge of my bowl/scoop. The other day I was gathering eggs and she jumped on my back for the first time while I was bent over with my hand in the box. Scared the crap out of me! Now it's not uncommon for her to regularly hitch a ride. She was very standoffish when we first got her and she had an eye injury, so we thought she was just being overly cautious and we didn't bother with her too much. She has since lost that eye, so we named her Polly (like a parrot on a pirate's shoulder!) I guess the joke's on us and she understood every word we ever said, so she's being true to her name!

Good thing it's not a roo, or we'd all think he loves you too much
lau.gif

What a sweet girl you have! Mine sat on me until they grew up, now they don't. But they're pretty hefty ladies, I don't think I could hold them up very long anyways.

Back
Top Bottom