I'm a crazy birdman!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chseeads, Jun 21, 2009.

1. chseeads

chseeads Songster

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    I ordered chicks from McMurray a while back, and since then have been eyeing their breed availability listings every once in a while because they change fairly often... When I ordered there was kind of slim pickings as to the breeds available for the ship date I chose (chose a date that cuckoo marans were available because I specifically wanted those). But since then other things have come available for that same ship date off and on...

The other day I called and added a few of a couple other breeds to my original order (several breeds on original order already).

Then last night a ton more breeds were available...and being the weekend and after hours, I couldn't call and change my order.... So not wanting to lose the opportunity to get some of the ones I wanted (cause that happend the other time I changed my order, there were some available the day before that by the time I called the next day were already unavailable again...lol), I placed a second order online so I could lock em in. lol

I hope to be able to call them tomorrow to make changes and have the orders combined. lol

I'm a bird nut.

I have buff geese that will be here early this week from Meyer.

And end of July/beginning of August will have turkeys coming from Porter.

[​IMG]

2. joedie

joedie Songster

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    Welcome to the club![​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Another one of us.

You are not alone.

4. joanie_maine

joanie_maine Songster

Mar 6, 2008
    Temple, ME
    Build more pens, QUICK!!! [​IMG]

5. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Songster

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    The first step is admitting it....... [​IMG] Welcome to the club!

6. chseeads

chseeads Songster

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Got the order all amended....it stands as follows:

2 Brown Leghorns
    1 Partridge Cochin (rooster)
    5 Red Leghorns
    5 Black Minorcas
    10 Cuckoo Marans (straight run)
    5 Ameracauna
    3 White Polish
    5 Buff Rocks
    3 Columbian Wyandottes
    2 Crevecoeurs
    5 Rhode Island Reds
    2 Silver Laced Wyandottes
    4 Speckled Sussex
    3 White Orpingtons
    1 Golden Penciled Hamburg

7. chseeads

chseeads Songster

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    The chicks arrived this morning.

59 of them total, I think...I started counting as I was taking them out of the box just to be sure they were all there, but lost track and after I got em in the brooder they ran around too much to count...lol Looked like everybody that I thought should be there was there though.

They included an extra partridge cochin rooster and extra RIR pullet, as well as just a random free extra.

[​IMG]

8. chaoschicken

chaoschicken Cackleberry Crazy

Jun 23, 2009
    Washington State
    Welcome to the club of oh I want more birds.

Those babies are just adorable.

I can't wait to see them grow up.

9. Quack Shack

Quack Shack Songster

May 21, 2009
    Winston-Salem
    So, Birdnut, how are family and friends taking the news? My mother openly complains when she comes to my home that if she steps out back will she be mobbed by treat seeking birds or muss her shoes with errant poop. I told her to keep an old pair of poop resistant shoes in the trunk of her car when she's coming my way! You can't help family but if your friends make rude chicken jokes, know that they are simply jealous. They wish THEY had thought of it first. Well, some folks simply are trendsetters while others have to follow. Get in line!

[​IMG]

10. chseeads

chseeads Songster

May 28, 2009
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Some of my coworkers mock and ridicule me, others admire the cuteness of the birds....lol

I hurl the mocking and insults right back though. They have plenty of vices for me to make fun of..... [​IMG]

Family is pretty cool with it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: