I'm a JUNKY !!!!

Discussion in 'Quail' started by quailmale, May 23, 2011.

1. quailmale

quailmale Chillin' With My Peeps

Why is incubating eggs so addictive ? As most know until about 3 months ago I had no Quail or had never incubated nothing other than the Flu. So I bought 100 Bobs, then 150 Coturnix, then 10 turkeys, now I've done it agan, 200 more Jumbo Cortunix. I can't stop. [​IMG]
    (And before you ask YES I have pens for them all).......[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hatching is addicting. And watching those babies come out of the egg is much fun. I love them when they are only a week old. So cute they are. I had to pack away the incubator last year as I was in the same boat and I knew if I saw that bator this spring, I would go into action. But I have enough poultry running around the yard, what with chickens and quail, I am up to my ears in birds! [​IMG] And my quail are producing so many fertile eggs, it gets me thinking each time I go to remove them. [​IMG]

3. mhwc56

mhwc56 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:there's a section in BYC for that "problem" it's called HATCHAHOLICS....an awful large # of us subscribe to it.....

4. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    It's addicting but the eggs are tasty and the birds too [​IMG]

5. Hoppelchen

Hoppelchen Out Of The Brooder

Oct 15, 2010
    Quote:The only worrying bit here is the turkey you hatched... and you're still at it, so I guess it was not 'cold'.... and 10 of them... omg, that doubles up as an agricultural gym! Here is my favorite video on how to pick 'em up:

Then again, maybe that really is one of the mystical 23lb monster quails? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    thank you, my name is model_A_tractor, I share your affliction.

so far, for me, honesty with yourself and others and plenty of pens allows you to live with it.

also, being able to use your birds and eggs for food, allows you to call it "sustainable farming?", I like to call it "self-medicating".

7. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:AMEN BROTHER!! "sustainable farming" or "self-medicating" will both work. GAWD DAM, the pusher man!!!

8. quailmale

quailmale Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:The only worrying bit here is the turkey you hatched... and you're still at it, so I guess it was not 'cold'.... and 10 of them... omg, that doubles up as an agricultural gym! Here is my favorite video on how to pick 'em up:

Then again, maybe that really is one of the mystical 23lb monster quails? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

COLD ? It's been in the 90's on and off for a month...........oh and with all the birds I have 45 rabbits and counting ............[​IMG]

9. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    HOOKED ON HATCH [​IMG]

10. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    my biggest wonder is....what to do with them all, i mean...thats gonna be tons of eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by