1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

im a little worried....got some butterflies in my stomach

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by DelawareChickin, Apr 6, 2012.

1. DelawareChickin

DelawareChickin Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2012
    I have had 5 eggs in the incubator (little giant) and have had it set at 100 degrees the most stable for mine anyway it seems. And then i put 9 more in and everything was fine untill it happened... I turned the control knob too much, forgot I did it, walked away till the next morning, woke and the temp was 110 degrees!!!!!!!! Do you think they are ok??? The oldest ones are do too hatch on th e11th and the others that was their first in there.

I think I could cry lol after all this time turning them and reading them bed time stories with a warm glass of milk for em and everything.

As a concerned parent I just wanna hear some good news you think their fine?

2. smchickfarm

smchickfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2010
    Waynesville,OH
    I think you will be ok. I did a hatch last year and had a temp spike like that. All seven of my eggs ended up hatching! There is hope!!!!!

Good luck! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by