sunshine23

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 22, 2010
Hialeah, FL
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

just when I was losing hope of getting them today, I get the call!!! they are all doing great! but I'm worried about their food being too big...can you look at the pics and tell if the lady sold me the right feed please

My 7 babies are: Silver Cuckoo Maran, Golden Laced Wyandotte, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Easter Egger, Rhode Island Red, Speckled Sussex and a Light Brown Leghorn

61284_dsc02394.jpg

61284_dsc02396.jpg

61284_dsc02399.jpg

61284_dsc02400.jpg

61284_dsc02401.jpg

61284_dsc02404.jpg

61284_dsc02405.jpg

61284_dsc02412.jpg

If you're really worried about those little cuties not being able to eat the 'big' crumbles, you CAN just put some in a baggie and roll a .... rolling pin, yah, that's the ticket! - over it to break 'em up a bit more. Or put it through a food processor very briefly. Or a coffee grinder/mill. (Just make sure there's no coffee residue in it before grinding chick feed!)

Adorable chicks. Just adorable. But they can eat those crumbles.

Quote:
That is exactly what I did for the first few days. The rolling pin worked great!

Great pictures - Now I want chicks again!

Thank you! that's what I did and they are eating more now
big_smile.png

They are precious! The food is just the perfect size....don't worry! Looks like you've got a very nice setup for them. You may want to consider wood shavings because it helps with the poo smell........I usually put the wood shavings down, then a paper towel down and sprinkle some food on that, because they like to peck around so much. After a few days, I take the paper towel away.

You do want to make sure you use pine shavings and not cedar, and I've never had a chick eat pine shavings and die either.....I know some people worry about that. They seem to be aware of what's food and what's not.

Enjoy those chicks! Aren't they fun!!!??

Back
Top Bottom