I'm a MOMMY!!!!! Pic added of my new babies!

Congratulations!
clap.gif
Come on chickies!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Yay! I hope that the labor wasn't protracted! Now, go lay down and rest.

Suzy

thumbsup.gif

I want to post pics, but I have to move the broody silkie to even see my new chickie babies. I am new to this (and she is, too, it's our first hatch!) so I don't know if moving her off the nest now is such a good idea???

Man! I am just too tickled!

***UPDATE***

When I got up this morning, I had three little fuzzy butts under my broody! I'm beyond thrilled now. My other two eggs were wobbling, peeping, and I heard pecking in both
jumpy.gif

The most amazing thing? How humid it is under my broody. It's as if she is sweating. I wondered how the humidity thing would work with a broody. Now I know.

This forum has been a HUGE help to me, thank you to every one who has responded to my endless stupid questions!

Pics coming later today. I am just so happy!

Here they are, having their first bits of feed. Before they discovered the feed, they all discovered the water & took turns sticking their beaks in and sneezing out water. Mommy (the silkie) showed them how it was done, but all they seemed to want to do was peck at the marbles in the waterer. They took to food right away, though, like old pros
lau.gif

Pardon my lack of photography talent. My cheap camera doesn't help.

3373245754_09b65b4dd2_b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom