1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm a nervous wreck

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by horsejody, Feb 27, 2008.

1. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    It's day 19. I'm at work. I should be home staring at eggs through a little window. My temp was good when I went to bed last night. It was a bit low this morning (98.4). I made adjustments. I have this horrible vision of getting home tonight and finding the temp at 120 degrees and 0 humidy. The other night I had a dream that I woke up and the temp was 135 degrees. Somebody hold my hand or give me chocolate.

2. therealsilkiechick

therealsilkiechick ShowGirl Queen

Jul 18, 2007
    Northwestern, pa
    awe, it will be ok don't worry so much. u might have a little delay since the temp was lower. keep us posted and what r u hatching? good luck with ur hatch hope ya get lots of babies!!!
    silkie

3. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

Where is the meditating smiliy when you need one?
    Well this will have to do....

Repeat after me: It will all be ok [​IMG] It will all be ok [​IMG] It will all be ok [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    This batch started out with 12 black jersey giants and one barnyard mix. It is down to 6 giants and one mixed. My other incubator is on day 5, and it has 10 giants (blue/black/splash), 5 silkies and two barnyard mixes.
    [​IMG]

5. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Let me say this...Your only on day 19...everything is fine...don't touch anything...having a low temp at this stage is way better then a spike ....chicks don't have a certain starting day some start early some start late...keep your hands off the bator..watch your humidity try keeping in the 60 to 70% range anywhere in there ....

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by