I'm a new Ducky Mama!! Pics!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by CrazyCatNChickenLady, Mar 23, 2011.

1. CrazyCatNChickenLady

CrazyCatNChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Berry Creek, Ca
    I've been staking out TSC for about a week now. I called this morning and she said they were picking them up and didnt know if there were ducklings in the batch. I headed down to town anyway, and when I got there they had just unloaded all the chicks and were just opening the DUCKLING box!! Between me and the girl ahead of me we about bought half of the shipment. They let us pic straight from the shipping box!

I wanted 3, a co-worker wanted me to pick her up 2 and I ended up leaving with 7!! Aparently chicken math works with ducks too!

I think I got 3 Rouens (2 that i'm giving my coworker.)
    2 brownish/yellowish ones (Any idea's on what they are?)
    and 2 yellow/kinda golden (any idea's on these too?)

I'm so excited! My first time with ducks too! They're SOOO cute!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hippiehen

hippiehen wastefully exuberant

Aug 27, 2008
    Utopia, Texas
    Wah!! So cute!!

My guess is Rouen, Pekin and Khaki Campbell.

3. Paintedhorsegirl

Paintedhorsegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    They are the cutest...Nothing is better than new ducklings and baby chicks.....

4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I can definitely see three rouens and a pekin, I think the others might be khakis, too.

It's funny how they all try to swim in the waterer.

5. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Awww, ducklings are so darn adorable! [​IMG] Have fun with your babies, they grow FAST!

6. emryst

emryst Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2011
    Awww they are adorable!

I can't wait to become a first time duck mama myself!

Any names yet?

7. CrazyCatNChickenLady

CrazyCatNChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2010
    Berry Creek, Ca
    [​IMG]

These 2 are very friendly! DBF wants to call them Duck Bill(or 'Shut up, Bill'.) , and Pecan Pie [​IMG] umm he's 28. He didnt even really want me to get them either, but he knows he doesn't really have a say in it! And the 2 khaki campbells Donald and Daisy Duck. Going to give all 3 rouens to my coworker!

8. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    I'm not sure if this is correct, but those don't look like pekins to me. My pekins didn't have light brown on their heads. Not sure, though could just be different looking pekins... [​IMG]

9. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I have a question about your waterer... Do they seem to drink well out of it? I was going to buy one like it last time I was at the feed store but I was worried that the ducklings would have trouble getting their bills in the water enough, being that the tray is so much smaller than the "normal" ones.

10. Eroc1_1

Eroc1_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Quote:I have used the same one so far and my ducklings are 3+ weeks old. The ducks seem to get enough water. Although, I had to raise in up about 2" - 3" for them. I will admit that I might have to get something bigger here soon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by