1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm a new member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Teresamd, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Teresamd

Teresamd Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2013
    Hello, my name is Teresa. My husband and I first got chickens this year in March. We have a ton of chickens. A newly acquired friend gave us all her Dutch banties and Egyptians. We also have 6 gold star hens, 1 Buff Orpington hen, 2 Rhode Island Red hens, 1 black star hen, 1 black Australorp hen, 3 black star roosters, 1 black Australorp rooster, 2 turkies (male and female), 2 Guineas (male and female i think), 1 buff runner duck hen, 1 khaki campbell drake, and 1 roeun drake.

I found y'all on the internet. My other hobbies are fishing, spending time with family, and taking care of my chickens and ducks. I am married and have one son who just turned 21. Luckily I work from home so get to listen to my chickens and ducks every day!!

I honestly never saw myself enjoying taking care of chickens and ducks but....I LOVE IT!!

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome!

1 person likes this.
  3. Teresamd

Sep 14, 2013
    Thank you. this place has tons and tons of information overload!! Can't wait to start reading.

4. HS Pye

HS Pye Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2013
    Texas
    Welcome to BYC!

HS Pye

1 person likes this.
  5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] wow you got a whole lotta chickens - do they all get along well? A lot of folks have integration issues when younger chicks meet older birds, etc.

1 person likes this.
  6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] You have quite a collection of birds. Sounds wonderful!

1 person likes this.
  7. Teresamd

Sep 14, 2013
    @drumstick diva-so far no problems with any chickens! Whew, I take it I have been lucky? Thank you everyone for the welcome!! :)

8. chickenfreak101

chickenfreak101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2013
    Leesburg, FL
    Hello! Nice chicken on your avatar. Is that yours? [​IMG]

9. Teri Metcalf

Teri Metcalf Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2013
    College Station, Texas
    Welcome Teresa! We don't have ducks, but we get a lot of pleasure watching our free-range chickens (which we share with neighbors). In total we share 11 hens, 1 rooster, and 2 peeps at this moment in time. It's a motley flock, but mostly Easter eggers (my favorites).

10. Teresamd

Sep 14, 2013
    Thank you!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by