1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I'm a New Mom!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mamachicken2016, Feb 28, 2016.

1. mamachicken2016

mamachicken2016 New Egg

Feb 25, 2016
    Cartersville, GA
    Hello everyone!! My name is Ansley and I am a stay at home mother with a 3 year old little girl, 3 dogs, and now 3 baby chicks! We are super excited about our new adventure with being chicken parents. I have never raised chickens before so we are learning as we go. We researched what was needed to have chicks and now doing our research on coops, free range or cage, winter heat, etc. I may ask a lot of questions because just like with my dogs, I would not want to do anything to put my chicks in danger. I hope to get to know you all and any advise is appreciated!!!

Happy Clucking!!

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi Ansley and welcome to BYC! The Learning Centre is a great place to start off as it has loads of info on anything chicken. Joining your state thread (just type your state in the search box) will also put you in contact with other BYC members in your area. We are a friendly bunch so don't be shy in asking any questions here - someone will help you out.

Good luck with your impending chicken adventure.

All the best
    CT

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome Ansley

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new chicks :celebrateIm sure you will all enjoy raising them. They are great fun and very rewarding too. As CT said the learning centre has some fab articles that will really help you with keeping them happy, safe and healthy ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy BYC :frow

4. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Nice to meet you Ansley Welcome to Backyard chickens. Congratulations chicken mama.

6. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Hi Ansley, [​IMG]

Have you decided what breed/breeds you want to start with?

7. mamachicken2016

mamachicken2016 New Egg

Feb 25, 2016
    Cartersville, GA

I'm not sure what breed the chicks are. Here is a pic [​IMG]

8. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by