I'm a newbie!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CrazyQueen, Jun 10, 2016.

1. CrazyQueen

CrazyQueen New Egg

Jun 9, 2016
    Hello members,
    I'm new to chickens. I've always wanted to have some. We bought two roosters 2 months ago. (I told you I was a newbie!) They were sold to me as blue laced red wyandottes. They are beautiful. I bought 2 because I didn't want just one to be lonely. Boy have I learned a lot about roosters in two months. I believe pecking order is finally established, fingers crossed. The man I got them from recommended this website to me. I have been married 32 years and our kids "flew the coop", so we've replaced them with chickens. We also have 2 cats (who love the chickens). My hobbies are gardening, mosaics and glass fusing. My husband and I are both retired....The Crazy Queen

2. jackandnick

jackandnick Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2016
    Colorado
    Welcome! I'm pretty new to this site as well. I've seen pictures of the type of chickens you have and they're beautiful!! I have Buff Orpingtons, 5 of them, all ladies. Their eggs are delicious! They are my sweet girls and they have now quit laying and are my gorgeous lawn ornaments! I live in the mountains, have one husband, one sweet son, 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 gerbils, and 7 ducks. I also love gardening, although it's pretty much confined to a greenhouse at 9000 feet!

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens, nice to have you join us.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us. Getting roos by mistake is the best reason going to get some girls - good way to start [​IMG]

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center, and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

There are quite a few threads on different hobbies / interests outside chickens, so feel free to check any out that may take your fancy.

All the best
    CT

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us! Roosters always turn out to be my favourite flock members. They have so much personality. Enjoy the site!

7. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Roosters can be very enjoyable to keep as long as they DO settle into a pecking order and aren't too aggressive with you. Nothing better than the sound of dualing rooster crows in the morning!!

Enjoy all your poultry adventures and welcome to our flock! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by