im a newbie!!!!!

thechickchik

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 9, 2014
so I just made an account and was trying to look for some help I got two little chicks from a flea market a week ago I have a damaged one who looks like the first picture that you have on here. this is my first time owning chickens and raising them I honestly have no idea what breed they are and my guesstamate is they are 3 weeks old. I would love any pointers on what to do with them and also what breed? and how to help my little beat up one... he has one eye, one of his wings are in half and he is missing the tops on two of his toes my other chick is a teeny bit bigger a soft light yellow with white and black spotted wings. I would love any help that you could give

If you can post a photo that might help. The little landscape icon at the top of the reply box helps you post a photo.

It sound like the damaged one might have congenital abnormalities, which may result in a failure to thrive for a chick, meaning there may not be a lot you can do but see how it does (or maybe I am misunderstanding his condition). Keep the chicks nice and warm. Also do some reading in the chick section: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/283953/raising-baby-chicks-notable-topic-index-please-review

Back
Top Bottom