I'm a nice guy, hunting story

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Steve_of_sandspoultry, Nov 12, 2009.

1. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

So tonight after I got done feeding the birds. I thought it might be a good day to see what is in the field behind the house. We have been getting solid rain here because of Ida and it's winding down so I thought the deer might be out feeding. Sure enough they were out in force. Sharon hasn't gotten a deer yet so I just watched them for a while and went back in. She doesn't get home before dark this time of year, hopefully they will come out again on Saturday. [​IMG]

Steve in NC

2. Carolyn

Carolyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    U R a nice guy!

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Lookin out for the Gal way to go. she will like that.

AL

4. AkTomboy

AkTomboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2009
    DJ, Alaska
    Much nicer than my hubby. The first time we went back to his home of SC I was all excited to get a whitetail since I had a black already. Sure enough we see a nice 8 point and he wouldnt let me have the rifle!!! This is a man who grew up hunting them and has his fair share of them but nooooooooooo he just couldnt let me have the rifle and he shot it himself.....MEANY HEAD. So yes you are a very nice man [​IMG]

5. Steve_of_sandspoultry

Steve_of_sandspoultry Overrun With Chickens

Hopefully Saturday, There is more to this story and she will probably kill me later but.....

She said she wanted to go hunting last year, ok great. So I had her shot my .308, kicks to much. Checked around with some friends and found a .243 for her to try (how creepy is that having to ask to borrow somebodies gun? The things I do for her [​IMG] lol) Anyway, she likes the .243 so off gun shopping we go, looking for a light weight, accurate .243. Here in eastern NC the deer aren't huge by any means so you think it would be easy to find a small caliber rifle right? "hmmmmm .243 I may have one around here somewhere are you sure you don't want to just get her a 300 Winchester magnum" said one gun shop. Finally found a Kimber 84M in .243. Very nice rifle, about 5 pounds, did I say very nice rifle, and a nice price tag to go with it. Have to have a good scope so we got a Leaupold variX III 4.5 x 14 power, I reload so had to get loading dies, bullets, couple kinds of powder. Worked up a good load and off the shooting bench at 100 yards had it doing 1/2 inch and less groups. We practiced every weekend all summer, she is shooting good and ready to go.

Opening day of the season in the field right behind the house two or three bucks a couple does. You couldn't ask for more. She shoots, they all run off, clean miss. I asked her what happened. "They were looking at me" she said.

Steve

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Quote:[​IMG] THAT would be me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    That is too funny! Maybe next time you're out, you can have a pre-hunt talk with the deer and ask them to please not look at your wife?? [​IMG]

You are a nice guy! [​IMG]

Shelly

8. Rebel Rooster

Rebel Rooster I Will Love! :)

Jun 29, 2009
    Central SC
    My Coop
    We've got to keep the ladies happy Steve! Cause if Mama ain't happy.............. Whoa Boy! Hey!... But Mama's a sweetheart! [​IMG]
    Oh!! They'll be back out tomorrow!! I hope she gets ahhhhh Deer of her choice! [​IMG] Some are best for the wall, others for the freezer! Especially during the rut! [​IMG]

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I'm so glad you are nice to your wife on hunting day... my last deer hunt my ex husband and his brother tried to shoot me instead of the deer. Gee I don't miss that family lol!! I hope she gets her buck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by