I'm a silkie chicken momma of 6!!

LALADY1101

Songster
10 Years
May 15, 2009
Lake Charles, LA
As of this past Sat I am officially a chicken momma.
celebrate.gif
I sooooo love these babies already!!!! I tried to bid on some more ALREADY but somebody beat me to them:tongue I was trying to post pictures but apparently I did something wrong. I'll post some pics if somebody will tell me what to do.

I still have two eggs in the bator, but today is day 23. One of them still looks like a possibility; the other one is more than likely a quitter mostly air cell, but I just can't bring myself to throw them out. What are the odds this late?

Quote:
Congratulations on your hatch!

I had 11 out of 12 hatch and I removed my last egg from the bator and opened it Sunday night, day 22. It was a quitter. Looked almost exactly like the others that hatched but just didn't hatch. Kind of like the ones that hatched and started jumping around his egg like popcorn and rolling his egg gave him a heart attack
idunno.gif

Monday morning I awoke to one dead chick as well.
hit.gif
It was the one that seemed to want to sleep more, stay by itself, and was never as active/mobile as the others. So I was already suspicious of it so it didn't take me completely by surprise. Not sure she would have made it out of her egg had her siblings not been pecking at her shell!

Anyway, I don't know what your odds are, but if you still have one that looks like a possibility and nothing smells, I don't think you have anything to lose by leaving it in there a little longer! Good luck and here's hoping for lucky #7!!!
thumbsup.gif

CackleberriesCrackMeUp! :

Quote:
Congratulations on your hatch!

I had 11 out of 12 hatch and I removed my last egg from the bator and opened it Sunday night, day 22. It was a quitter. Looked almost exactly like the others that hatched but just didn't hatch. Kind of like the ones that hatched and started jumping around his egg like popcorn and rolling his egg gave him a heart attack
idunno.gif

Monday morning I awoke to one dead chick as well.
hit.gif
It was the one that seemed to want to sleep more, stay by itself, and was never as active/mobile as the others. So I was already suspicious of it so it didn't take me completely by surprise. Not sure she would have made it out of her egg had her siblings not been pecking at her shell!

Anyway, I don't know what your odds are, but if you still have one that looks like a possibility and nothing smells, I don't think you have anything to lose by leaving it in there a little longer! Good luck and here's hoping for lucky #7!!!
thumbsup.gif

Congratulations on your hatch!!!
jumpy.gif
I'm sorry about the baby that you lost-that's never an easy thing. I opened the bator this morning and it was starting to smell a little so I went ahead and took the other 2 eggs out. The one with the really big air cell was the only splash color I had-I really wanted it to hatch. The other that I thought was still a possibility was a black which I also wanted (oh heck who am I kidding I wanted every one of them!!!), anyway the air cell looked to be getting bigger and I think there might have been the beginning of a blood ring.
hit.gif

I really thought I wouldn't want to do this again, but if I can convince DH to let me I'm gonna try to get some splashes and blacks and THEN I'll quit (maybe)
lau.gif

BTW: What's the best way to sterilze the bator? Can I use bleach?​

Last edited:
Congrats!...click upload at the top of the forum on the blue bar...upload your pics...then copy the image code and paste it in a new post.

Back
Top Bottom