I'm about done with this winter weather!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TheDuckCrew, Jan 2, 2010.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    It's been soooo windy and cold and it won't stop snowing! argh! i woke up this morning to MORE snow and the wind whipping around like crazy. i went out to check on the ducks and was getting blown around by the wind and despite all the gear i put on for a few minutes out there, i was freezing! can you hear me mother nature?! i think its time for spring weather again!

2. 1stepcloser

1stepcloser Poultry In Motion

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    Just posted the same thing myself. Hang in there.

3. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Yeah...put me on the list of people counting down the days till spring already. Woke up to 8 degrees F here...but at least it's sunny today [​IMG] I'm trying to think positively. Last winter was fairly mild, and I think because of that, fleas in this area were horrible this past summer. So I'm hoping their population will greatly reduced by this hard winter. Glass half full...(of ice of course...lol).

4. msdoolittle

msdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Lol, I hate cold weather, too, and this Friday it's supposed to get down to 18 degrees, which is reeeeally cold for here. I, admittedly, am a cold weather wuss.

5. Tala

Tala Flock Mistress

I think the highest it got today was 37....which sounds warm enough, especially in the SUNSHINE, it was fine all afternoon

but the moment the sun went down the wind whipped up, and the temp dropped like a rock!! The zipper broke on my coat so it won't stay closed against the wind, and I don't have heat in my truck either! I delivered pizza till almost 8 and I still haven't thawed out!!!

6. twister

twister Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Mississippi
    brrrrr , it is cold here in MS too... 28 w. WC of 15! I just put 2 heat lamps in the coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by