I'm about ready to gnaw my own arm off

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JennsPeeps, Apr 21, 2009.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    I'm really, really fair-skinned - as in nearly translucent - and have sensitive skin. A couple of weeks ago I worked out in my yard and got a small patch of eczema on my arm from a sun sensitivity.

On Saturday I worked out in the yard and the patch got bigger. It's about 2" across. IT ITCHES LIKE CRAZY and I'm going mad from it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pharmacist told me to take Benadryl. I did. It makes me so darn drowsy, even 1/2 doses. I've been putting hydrocortizone and anti-itch creams on it all day. The only thing that works is ice.

Must... not... scratch...

It's not fair that scratching it feels soooooo good....

2. Cajunsamoan

Cajunsamoan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    Be strong!! NO scratching!! Sorry, I hope it clears up soon!

3. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    try aquaphor (sp?) I think that will help I love it for that and for just about everything else.

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I get eczema from getting a cut. Once my derm is finishing with treatments, I will let you know what works best. He has me on some cream now I cannot pernounce and it seems to be working ok.... But it still isn't gone. Use calamine lotion to stop the itch, call your doc and ask for Hydroxyz 10 mg..... works for itch.

5. hennypenny9

hennypenny9 Chillin' With My Peeps

It's really not fair since it's so nice outside, huh?

My mom swears by flax seed oil for dry skin, so it might work on eczema.

6. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    i had hives once from an allergic reaction and the only thing that worked was the anti itch lotion by Aveno, its oatmeal based. I dont remember exactly what it was called. And cool wet towels. Hope it gets better soon.

PS my sister is Albino and is very sensitive and wears a shirt from this company when she has to be outside.

http://www.sunprecautions.com/

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  7. chickabator

chickabator Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2007
    ky
    get you some saymen salve works wonders

8. mwdh1

mwdh1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Indiana
    I've heard of using Goat's Milk soap to relieve the itching of eczema

9. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:you acually had sun there in April....not fair, I lived over there for 25 years and all I can remember was
    [​IMG]
    On a more serious note, I do hope you find something that works for you.

10. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Let me tell you - NOTHING works completely. I have three break outs right now, one has been there for 2 years. Just now starting to see improvement. Eczema is a nasty, nasty thing. That Hydroxyz is the only thing that hasn't knocked me out that helps with the itch. That and very hot water poured right on it works for a couple hours. I HATE IT.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by