Im Addicted!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KWAK, Mar 25, 2011.

1. KWAK

KWAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    Michigan
    to buying and hatching chicks!!!

I now have
    10 chickens and 30 chicks in the coop
    2 hens with 30+eggs (all but 2 are developing!!!)
    14 eggs due to hatch any day
    and added 25 more eggs in an incubator (due to hatch 2-3 days after i get back from spring break... i wont be tempted to reach in and candle them in the last week or so [​IMG] )
    and i told my neghbor that i would hatch him 20+ eggs after the bator is ampty but he has had me hatch him a few other batches but he always decides he's not into chicks and wants them when they are older.... so i wait until they just start laying eggs and he cant take them... gahhh

PS- he did the same thing with our old rabbits lol

HELLPPPPP!?!?!??

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

And?

You're not the Lone Ranger, y'know. [​IMG]

I became addicted the moment the first chick hatched in my incubator. I don't think I had it so bad before then.... It's the life emerging from the egg that makes me want to keep hatching more.

3. chickengrl

chickengrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    You are not alone. I can't seem to stop. I have a pair of Japanese Bantams that are so beautiful and their eggs have been 100% fertile and it has been so hard for me not to put them in the incubator. We now have about 18 of their babies, some are just hatched 2 days old and some are 4 weeks. That doesn't count the LF eggs! We already need another coop! [​IMG]

4. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    i am addicted too. [​IMG] i'm in my first hatch ever and loving it. there should be a chickie anonymous. hi my name is jenny and i love chickens

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by