I'm adopting a greyhound. (one pict)

FireTigeris

Tyger! Tyger! burning bright
10 Years
Nov 22, 2009
Jacksonville, FL - Arligton-
I'm adopting an ex-racer greyhound.

She'll have to pass food aggression test (she was turned in to rescue LAST Friday!) but other then that she passed cat friendly and child friendly already.

She's being fixed Tues (hopefully) and can then come home in two weeks.

So keep me from going insane.

She's 2 years old in April (right ear = 0409)

44847_dawn_004.jpg

Last edited:
THanks I keep having a dream a dark dog with white on the face (its away from camera) and chest saves us- she picked up out and gave us 'those' eyes, fallowed at a perfect heel with no leash (in the meet and greet room) and gave several kisses to my son.

Her stance was slightly submissive but not timid and she had no fear of our son.

I think she'll fit in beautifully here.

AND the rescue kennels for 18 dollars a day, food included- AND if the stay is three days or more the bath is free.

She's absolutely beautiful! Thank you for adopting----------it's the only way to go! My 4 dogs were all either in the shelter, on the way to the shelter, or abandoned.

oh I am so envious -- the best dog we ever had was 'Amy-Grey' -- way back in the 80s when rescuing the retired racers was just 'catching on' --

Amy was so far beyond fantastic that there are not enough words to describe her -- we miss her every day --

now, however, we are 'old' and have moved down to smaller dogs --- easier to bathe, etc. sigh --

Amy was the dearest creature we ever had -- she shared her loving heart with us for 12 wonderful years -- what a girl!

(and she looked just like your new family member)

we still are active supporters of the local 'Greyt Rescue' group -- donated all of my greyhound books, etc. to them and we visit the kennel often to walk the dogs ---

lucky dog and lucky, lucky YOU!

congrats on adopting a shelter dog. My four dogs are all rescues....two inside dogs, a doxie and a poodle, and two outside dogs, a german shepherd (the owner paid ME to take her as he couldn't care for her anymore) and a rottweiler mix that was hours from euthanasia....it's very rewarding.....

Enjoy your new friend.

Oh my goodness, she is absolutely gorgeous!
love.gif
Good for you, getting a retired racer greyhound. Rescues are the best! I have heard wonderful things from other ex-racer greyhound owners. Keep us updated, and best of luck with her!

I'm sure she's going to be work- I went over the living arrangements of all my current animals and my dog experience. She said she had my match- wasen't the dog I went in to look at, but Dawn picked us.

Back
Top Bottom