I'm afraid to go upstairs!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Sjisty, Dec 9, 2010.

1. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    Some of you know the story of Frack, my house chicken. Well, this morning she came in and went straight to the mealworm box. When I opened it, she jumped in and started helping herself! Now she has gone upstairs and I'm hearing bumps and thuds. Who knows what is waiting for me up there! [​IMG]

ETA -

OK, I went up - here's what I found. Anybody for breakfast in bed?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Make sure the electric blanket is on low....don't want her to burn those tootsies!

3. [​IMG]
    Really? she lives in the house??? how do you control, how do we put it gently.......

POO????? i want to bring my one hen in soooo bad. Hubby would kill me [​IMG]

4. KCchickens

KCchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2010
    Fayette county, IL
    Lol I love it!
    Does she wear a chicken diaper?

5. Sjisty

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    She sleeps outside at night with the rest of the flock. When I open the coops in the morning, within about 30 minutes she's pecking at the front door. When I let her in she usually goes straight to the laundry room where I keep the mealworm farm. After a treat, she lays down in the living room, usually. Today she decided to go upstairs. She actually laid an egg in the bed! Then she came downstairs and pecked at the door to go out. She comes and goes as she pleases and seems to know not to leave any presents on my carpet. I have to clean up maybe one every week or so, usually dry and on the kitchen floor, not the carpet.

By the way, she has her own dog crate for laying eggs, but a couple of weeks ago another of our hens was mauled by our (ex) dog, so she has the crate right now. Frack won't share and was laying her eggs outside in a nest box, but this morning I guess she wanted to be warm.

Here's another picture of her with a chick she hatched in the kitchen -
    [​IMG]

6. akaxo

akaxo Chillin' With My Peeps

whew i'm not alone in having found a chicken settled down on the bed! so cute!

7. dandelionheart

dandelionheart Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh, it would be so cool to have a well behaved house chicken! I don't think I could get her past my husband though... [​IMG] And the picture with the chickie is simply adorable. [​IMG]

8. Sjisty

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    A gift from Frack - in my bed.

[​IMG]

9. HeatherLynn

HeatherLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2009
    Kentucky, Cecilia
    I am pretty sure me bringing the chickens in bed would elicit the 3rd NO I have received from my husband in 11 years. It might very well be the loudest too. Although I brought a baby pigeon to the bed once and he only grumbled so maybe.

10. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Quote:hahaha too cute and adorible.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by