I'm all done....(remaining) chickens for sale...

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by JoeOxfordCT, Jan 10, 2008.

1. JoeOxfordCT

JoeOxfordCT Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2007
    Oxford, CT.
    Hi All,

Lost yet another Buff today to a hawk. I'm tired, I'm angry, I'm done.
    I did not get chickens to have to keep them all penned up and locked away all the time.
    I also did not get chickens to feed the local predatory wildlife either.
    I've spent lots of money, time & effort building their coop and contructing their pen.

I still have 9 RIR pullets which I got as day olds in late August. They should slowly begin laying sometime next month. I also have one Buff baby roo that I got from PurpleChicken in late October.

$5 a piece.....

I can turn the coop into a playhouse for my daughter this summer....

My earlier post in the same problem...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27603&p=1

2. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    where ya at?

3. JoeOxfordCT

Oct 13, 2007
    Oxford, CT.
    Quote:Oxford, CT

4. newchickowner

newchickowner Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2007
    Texas
    so sorry to hear of your situation and that it didn't work out for you! :aww

5. JoeOxfordCT

Oct 13, 2007
    Oxford, CT.
    Quote:Thanks....I see many folks here who've lost many more chickens than I have and still "persevere" but this is not "fun" anymore....I expect them to be work, I have no problem doing the work, but I'm not ready to get into this cycle of losing & replacing stock constantly.....I've had chickens in the past at other houses I've lived in and while I did lose birds there too occasionally, it seemed like I enjoyed the birds more. I didn't worry constantly about them. Whatever.....tired...

6. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    ur to far away joe if i had read ur sreen name lol anyway sorry to here ur giving up .

7. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

I'm sorry. [​IMG]

8. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Joe,
    I'm sorry to hear that what should have been an enjoyable and satisfying adventure for you turned into a heartbreaking one instead.

9. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    I understand what you mean. I'm so sorry I can't come get them. [​IMG] It sounds like you've set your mind, but IF you happen to change your mind... Chicken wire and tposts are an easy, fairly cheep way to build a pen. That's how mine are made.

10. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    You do sound frustrated and I really empathize with that and am so sorry for the misfortune. I originally thought you must live in the country but then I re-read your post to see that hawks were your predators and I worry about them too in the city, so I guess it doesn't much matter where you live chickens are apparently pretty high on all the preferred dinner lists. Maybe you can get a bantam or two and keep them as house/patio chickens, some are so small, anyway whatever you decide please stay on the forum. Take good care, Darlene

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by