I'm already addicted to chickens....

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by vtsarahb, Apr 28, 2009.

1. vtsarahb

vtsarahb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Bradford, VT
    I had planned on getting 8 chickens...
    Then I bumped the number up to 10 when I was ordering them....
    Now that I have had them for 2 weeks I've decided to keep 12 (I got 16, some are for my sister).

But the fair is coming in August and I just know I'll want to bring home another hen or two... my coop is big enough for 16, so I have to stop at 16.... right? [​IMG]

Besides, more chickens in the coop means a warmer coop during the winter [​IMG]

2. EngieKisses

EngieKisses Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2008
    Collinsville, Oklahoma
    You could always build another coop! [​IMG]

3. Chickenmaven

Chickenmaven Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    Michigan
    HeeHee, they have *GOT YOU* , already! [​IMG]

4. OutdoorFun4

OutdoorFun4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Southern Maine
    [​IMG] It happens...

5. melissaowens

melissaowens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2009
    andalusia alabama
    atleast now im not the only one that is addicted. i started with a dominique rooster, bought 3 prod reds one day later, cousin give me 3 hens, bought 13 6 week old chicks, and bought 14 4 day old chicks, got 3 turkin chicks given to me, and bought a red star hen, and bought 1 buff orpinton hen, and 2 americana hens, all in two weeks. LOL i got into the chicken trance

oh yeah, got an incubator with 24 eggs in it, not all are mine hatching half for my cousin

Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  6. k2chickens

k2chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    New Castle, Indiana
    Uh I just started with 5 and the next week I bought 5 more and now I want even more!!!! The coop design keeps increasing and changing every week! I think im just gonna turn my basement into a chicken pad and just keep like 100s of them! lol [​IMG]

No im kidding but I do wish![​IMG] My friends all think im crazy enough keeping 10 of them they would prolly want to straightjacket me if I got more!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by